International Student Scholarships in Science
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Science
- Computer Science
- Sports Science
(* or £750 for BA Geography programmes)
Information and Guidance for Applicants
- The Scholarship Scheme is for entry in the Session 2011/12 only.
- The Scheme applies to international (non-UK and non-EU) students making applications for a fulltime taught programme of study only and includes students wishing to enter directly into years 2, 3 or 4 of the programme of study.
- The closing date for applications for Scholarships is 1 September 2011.
- Applications should be made direct to the relevant department or the International Office.
- No application for a Scholarship shall be considered without the Department having first received either a UCAS application form or an application form for a postgraduate programme of study.
- Award of Scholarships is up to a maximum of £1,500 (or £750 for BA Geography) and is at the discretion of the Department.
- Departments may award a Scholarship subject to satisfaction of any conditions, which it determines appropriate for entry to the programme of study.
- Scholarships may only be awarded to applicants satisfying general University, Departmental and Programme of Study regulations.
- The Scholarship is payable as a credit against tuition fees only.
- No guarantee of a Scholarship can be made where an applicant indicates that he/she wishes to defer entry to 2012/13
- The Scholarship is awarded per annum for the normal period of study. No student shall be entitled to a scholarship in excess of the period of study for which they are originally registered. This should be noted by any student wishing, after their first year of study, to transfer to the first year of another programme of study.
- The continuation of a scholarship after the first year of study is subject to satisfactory performance in assessments and examinations and progression to the next normal year of study.
- Scholarships are not transferable between Departments.Where a student wishes to transfer to another programme of study in another Department, the new Department is under no obligation to honour the commitment to a scholarship. Any student wishing to transfer to another Department will be advised to make appropriate enquiries of the new Department in advance of any firm decision to transfer.
- No student may hold more than one university award.
- Applicants are advised to apply early as the number of scholarships in each Department is limited.
- Note for research students This scheme does not apply to research students, who should contact the relevant Department to enquire about any possible Scholarship or funding opportunities.
The University of Hull
Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7RX, UK
Visit official website.