The University of Pavia (UNIPV), in order to promote international cooperation with the Developing Countries, offers 51 monthly instalments of 1.000 Euros each as scholarships to study at the University of Pavia or at the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS) during the academic year 2011-2012. Each scholarship will cover also the expenses for the Visa and for the travel to Italy and back (economy class).
The scholarships are designed for students coming from a Developing Country (preferably from Countries classified as Low-income economies and Lower-middle-income economies by the World Bank; see Official Website. and for Developing Countries students who received a scholarship financed through the FC&K for the academic year 2010-2011 (in this case, expenses for VISA and fortravel will not be covered). Only students born on/after the 1st January 1976 can participate. At the end of the academic year, the University of Pavia will issue an academic transcript of records certificating the kind and the period of study.
Interested candidates must submit the application (available on the website of UNIV Official Website. which has to include:
- a complete application form with all the requested personal and academic data, the exact name of the selected course degree and of the Faculty at the University of Pavia or at IUSS;
- a curriculum vitae (European format: available on this Web page);
- a programme of studies and/or research activities which the candidate intends to implement during his/her stay in Pavia;
- a recent letter of reference signed by a university professor;
- a recent health certificate attesting that the applicant is not suffering from physical or mental illnesses;
- a photocopy of a valid passport of the applicant.
Applications must arrive both by mail and by e-mail (just one PFD file by email) by 12.00 pm of the 30 May 2011 and must be addressed to the following addresses:
- postal address:
Al Magnifico Rettore Università degli Studi di Pavia – Ufficio del Protocollo, Via Mentana 4, 27100 Pavia (Italy)
- email address (only one PDF file must be sent): [email protected]
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications sent only by mail or email will not be considered.