Westralia Airports Corporation (WAC), owner and operator of Perth Airport, will be offering two (2) $5000.00 scholarships in 2010 to 1st year Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking studies at ECU. This follows the signing of a Partnership Agreement between WAC and Nyoongar Elders in July 2009.
Selection will be based on demonstration of prior Academic success as well as personal and educational goals. Successful recipients will have the opportunity to receive mentoring from Nyoongar Elders.
Amount: $5000 per year for full time enrolment (pro rata for part time – minimum 30 credit points)
Frequency: $2500 (or pro rata) payment made each semester after census date
Method: Electronic Funds Transfer
* Indigenous – Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
Level of study:
* Advanced Diploma (3 year courses only)
* UG – Undergraduate Bachelor Courses
* Australian Citizen
Application for this scholarship is made on the application form titled – ‘Scholarships for Indigenous Australian Students’. This application form allows students to complete one document which will be used by the ECU Scholarships Office to assess the applicant for other Indigenous scholarships including the following:
* ECU Indigenous Scholarship
* ECU Vice Chancellors Indigenous Australian Scholarship
* Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships (including CAS, CECS, Enabling and Indigenous Payment)
Selection will be based on:
* Demonstration of prior academic success
* Personal and educational goals
Application opening date: February 2011
Application closing date: March 2011
Contact Scholarships Office for more info.