The Sport and Exercise Science Research Group at Swansea University invites applications for a funded MPhil in Sports Science. The aim of The Sport and Exercise Science Research Group is to undertake research in sport and exercise science of international excellence for the benefit of society as a whole. The main areas of research in SESRC are exercise-related enhancement of health, and sport performance.
About the project:
This MPhil will focus on the influence of carbohydrate gel supplementation on skill performance.
* Students should be holding or expect to achieve a good bachelor’s degree in a related field which could include: Sport and Exercise Science, Science or Engineering disciplines, Psychology, Health Sciences. This will need to be 2.1 or above.
* Applications from those studying outside of the UK are welcome, but the scholarship is fixed at £3,390 towards fees so international students would be required to cover the remainder of their tuition fee.
This bursary will be worth £3,390 (to fully cover UK/EU fees for one year).
How to apply:
Prospective students must submit:
* A CV (maximum 2 pages and it must include some detail on university marks achieved to date).
* A covering Letter (maximum 1 page) stating your choice/s of project and additional details on why you should be considered for a scholarship.
The CV and cover letter can be either emailed to Michelle Rees at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to:
Room 934, Talbot Building
School of Engineering: Sport and Exercise Science MPhil Scholarships
Swansea, SA2 8PP
Application closing date:
* The closing date for applications is Tuesday 4th May 2010.
* These scholarships are available for a July 2010 start date only.
For informal enquiries contact: Mrs Michelle Rees (Research Centre Administrator): email@example.com or Dr Steve Mellalieu (Postgraduate Programme Director): firstname.lastname@example.org
765 total views, 3 views today