The Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven and its Alumni Association Science@Leuven are proud to announce The Science@Leuven Scholarship!
Which masters give the right to apply for the Scholarship? :
Motivated and talented international students, interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Master of Biology, Master of Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, Master of Chemistry, Master of Physics, Master of Geology, Master of Geography, Master of arithmetic and the Master of Statistics.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
- the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
Applications for the academic year 2011-2012 will open the 1st of December.
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 8.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are 2-year programmes. A scholarship for the second master year will be only be continued for students having had outstanding results the first master year.
Selection Procedure (for 2011-2012)
- The applicants fill out the application form of the International Office to apply for admission to the K.U.Leuven.
- The applicants note in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Next to the information required by the International Office, the applicants also upload the following information: results of their former studies, a letter of motivation and two references of professors.
- The selection of the students take place in June 2011.
Application Deadline : 1 February 2011
421 total views, 1 views today