Applicants, with no restriction on nationality, must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) or equivalent title. Current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before September 19, 2011, may also apply. In this case, a successful application will be conditional to the subsequent completion of the degree and the transmission to the School of adequate documentation, also in electronic form, no later than September 22, 2011.
Positions and grants
5 positions with 5 fellowships (amounting to € 12.500 per year + free meals at school`s canteen + Campus facilities) The School reserves the possibility of accepting up to a maximum of 2 further students without grant or other forms of financial support.
Candidates are requested to apply online at: Official Website by April 13, 2011 by 12.00 pm GMT.
In case of problems with the online application, please contact the PhD Administration Office (tel. +39 050 883.335/383, e-mail: email@example.com).
A hardcopy of the application (signed by the candidate) together with the enclosures requested, must reach (regardless of forwarding date) by April 20, 2011:
Scuola Superiore Sant`Anna
Divisione Formazione Universitaria e alla Ricerca
International Doctoral Program in Economics
Piazza Martiri della Libertà 33
I – 56127 PISA, Italy
Application and attachments
Enclosures to the hard copy of the applications:
- the copy of a valid identity document. Non-UE applicants will have to provide a photocopy of their passport;
- two copies of their complete Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum covering scientific training, professional experiences, publications and all other information that might help in the evaluation of the candidate; please use the UE model.
- The academic record with the full list of courses and grades (in English, in French or Italian); d.one copy of the Master thesis, when applicable; two copies of its abstract in English or in French or in Italian, and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable (works written in languages other than Italian, English, or French must be accompanied by a summary in one of the above languages);
- two copies of a Research Project, of no more than 2.000 words which describes the research activities that applicants would like to perform during the PhD course.
- at least two recommendation letters written by Faculty Members or other academics who have assessed and/or supervised the applicant`s work during his/her university studies, offering a comparative evaluation of the learning achievements, research potential, maturity, and professional inclinations of the candidate, and assessing whether the knowledge of the English language by the candidate is adequate to attend a post-graduate programme;
- a numbered list of the documents attached.
Selection of applicants
Selection of applicants will be based upon the assessment of all the submitted documents and publications.
Beginning of the Courses
October 3, 2011
tel. +39 050 883.335, +39 050 883.383
Call for applications 2011-2012 – (file pdf, 62 Kb)
Visit Official Website.
375 total views, 3 views today